Sex and drugs have never been talked about more openly than in our modern culture, but what do you really know about the rewards they offer — and the risks, especially when the two intersect?
Now is your chance to find out, in a Reddit “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) forum featuring David Sack, MD, chief medical officer of Elements Behavioral Health and a nationally recognized authority on addiction and intimacy issues.
Set for Monday, July 18, 2016, at 11 am PST, the AMA is your chance to fill knowledge gaps you never knew you had.
Did you know, for example:
- Sex and porn can be an addiction, and people with certain personality traits and life experiences are at greater risk than others.
- Your age matters when it comes to drug use.
- Cheating has a new definition in today’s era of high-tech online sex.
- Certain drugs can spark hypersexual behavior — which may sound great but is linked to distinctly unpleasant consequences.
- The brain’s pleasure centers are the key to addiction, but not the whole story.
It’s everything you’ve always wanted to know about sex and drugs but were afraid, or perhaps simply never knew, to ask.
Dr. Sack is board certified in addiction medicine and addiction psychiatry and has served as a senior clinical scientist at the National Institute of Mental Health. As the chief medical officer at Elements Behavioral Health, he oversees a nationwide network of addiction and mental health treatment programs.
His Reddit AMA will offer the frank, expert perspective you never got from your high-school sex-ed teacher or D.A.R.E. program. So line up your questions and join in.